Certification EBU-EAU Host Centre
The EBU-EAU Host Centre Certification programme is developed in collaboration with the European Association of Urology (EAU). This programme is developed specifically for training centres hosting European Urology Scholarship programmes (EUSP). The aim is to streamline the certification process and become more responsive to new developments in continuing medical education.
An EBU-EAU Certified Host Centre meets the following criteria:
- Works in line with the EAU guidelines.
- Has an adequate number of cases to maintain a high level of results and to provide a comprehensive and practical training in the given specialty.
- Is adequately equipped and has access to supporting specialties.
- Employs at least two consultants who are experts in the field.
- Can demonstrate that it has a structured programme to allow the fellow to gain knowledge and expertise in the field.
- Reports/publishes its own results.
- Is involved in scientific or clinical research and can support the fellow to participate.
An EBU-EAU Certified Host Centre practices a multidisciplinary approach to the treatment of one of the listed urological fields:
- Cancer: Renal, Penile, Prostate, Testicular, Urothelial
- Female urology and Incontinence
- Paediatric urology
- Reconstructive urology
- Stone disease
A template of the application form can be downloaded in PDF format.
UEMS/EBU & EAU member countries
Centres in the following countries are eligible to apply for the EBU-EAU Host Centre Certification: Albania, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldavia, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, Ukraine.
Credits (category 3)
The completion of a fellowship training programme/short visit grants 1 credit per week.
The fee of EUR 250,00 is payable by bank transfer 4 weeks after the date of invoice. The application is processed when the payment has been received.
Click here to access the EBU online application system. Sign up and select the option "EBU-EAU Host Centre Certification".
In case the criteria are met, the title EBU-EAU Certified Host Centre is granted for a period of five years. The EBU issues a Certificate of Accreditation. The centre's details are published on the EBU website.