EBU Online In-Service Assessment
Dates: Thursday 1 and Friday 2 March 2018
Time: Both days between 00.00 and 23.59 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
Format: Online test in collaboration with Pearson VUE
Duration: 2 hours
In-Service Assessment (ISA)
The assessment consists of 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) which cover all fields of urology. The objective of this self-assessment is allowing candidates to evaluate their current knowledge base against the current European standards.
It encourages both the teacher and student to reflect upon their training scheme. Residents and programme directors can use it to identify deficiencies related to specific urological topics and target those areas in future training.
The analysis offers a comparison of the resident’s level of knowledge against other candidates in his/her country of residency and in the same year of training.
Certified urologists can benefit from taking this assessment as part of their CME requirements. These candidates are assigned to a separate peer group and receive a comparative analysis.
Examination fees per candidate
- EUR 50,00: Regular fee.
- EUR 40,00: Reduced fee for applicants from an EBU Certified Training Centre.
This assessment is offered free of charge to candidates from the following countries:
- Austria: Thanks to a grant from Takeda Austria to the Austrian Society of Urology.
- Czech Republic: Group registration for candidates selected by the Czech Urological Association.
- Greece: Individual registrations by members of the Hellenic Urological Association.
- Portugal: Individual registrations by candidates selected by the Portuguese Association of Urology.
Online registration closes 23 January 2018 at 23.59 hrs. GMT.
Step 1: Online registration
The following types of registration are offered. The candidate should be registered based on the status - resident or certified urologist - applicable at the time of the assessment.
• Individual registration.
• Group registration: A group registration must have 2 or more candidates.
For a reliable comparison of the results, and to avoid login issues during the test, the EBU must be informed about the accurate and valid candidate details. To facilitate an efficient and reliable registration, it is recommended to have the following required details available before starting the online registration.
Organiser (e.g. Programme Director, Head of Department)
• First Name
• Hospital Address
• E-mail address
• Surname(s) - as stated in passport/ID
• First name
• Candidate’s personal email address
• Date of birth
• Year start and end of training in urology.
When the registration is successfully completed, the registrant receives an automatically generated confirmation of registration email. After the EBU has processed the registration each candidate will receive an email for verification of their details.
The payment can be done by credit card only and is processed upon completion of the registration. The invoice will be sent to the debtor by postal mail.
Step 2: Receive confirmation of participation from EBU
On, or before 26 February 2018 each candidate receives a personal confirmation of participation by email from the EBU. This email includes further information and a link to the Pearson VUE website.
Step 3: Create a personal Pearson VUE account and schedule the assessment
This assessment is taken through the Pearson VUE website. To take the assessment each candidate must have or create a personal Pearson VUE account and schedule the test through the Pearson VUE website. When the candidate has scheduled the test through the Pearson VUE website an automatically generated email with details about the test is sent.
Step 4: Take the online assessment
The assessment can be done at any time on either Thursday 1 or Friday 2 March 2018. The EBU does not define restrictions as to where or when the test is taken. Some organisers may have set certain restrictions to take the assessment; it is the responsibility of the organiser to inform his/her candidates accordingly.
The assessment can only be accessed once and must be completed within 2 hours. Participation is reserved for the registered candidates only. In case of any irregularities the EBU reserves the right to annul the results of the candidate in question.
- Internet browsers: Internet Explorer IE11. Edge, Firefox, Chrome and Safari current version.
- Mobile devices: iOS and Android devices are not supported.
- Network connection: A wired network is required for optimal performance.
- Internet connection: DSL, cable, or LAN: 1 Mbps up/down minimum. Dial-up connections are not supported.
There is no pass/fail mark. For the statistical analysis, the scores of all candidates are combined. Individual scores for each topic are presented alongside the group results and, if applicable, of various peer groups, allowing for a comparison among different groups.
About 4 weeks after the assessment the results will be sent by post. The results are provided only once.
• Individual registration: Candidates receive a personal score report by regular post. Results are not disclosed to other parties.
• Group registration: The organiser receives an overview of the candidates' results and personalised result letters. The organiser is responsible for distributing the result letters to the candidates.
If a candidate is registered twice, individually and as part of a group, the individual registration is automatically cancelled by the EBU. In the case of a cancellation or no-show there will be no refund.
Booklets with MCQ (including correct answers) used in previous EBU In-Service Assessments are available for purchase. Download the order form here.