Residency Training Programme in Urology
About Certification RTPU
- Application €300
- Certification €1.500
- Re-certification €1.000 (in case a centre submits a new application before the end of the current certification term)
- Written training programme in English
- Proof of national accreditation RTPU
- List of publications 2018-2019
- EBU Logbook of all residents covering their training period in the institution
Let´s make a mark
A distinctive measure of quality control
The title “EBU Certified Centre” is a mark of quality control. We perform an objective evaluation of the training programme and identify areas in need of improvement.
For today & tomorrow
Certification comes with several advantages for now and the future
- The quality control procedure reflects the high standards maintained by a centre.
- Participating centres aim to implement best practices in healthcare in a consistent and transparent manner.
- Certified centres attract (inter)national residents interested in high-quality training.
Together with our RTPU Certified Centres we set the standards of high quality training centres throughout Europe.
“European standardisation of training will facilitate cross-border communication between urologists which will in turn benefit our patients.”Dr. Stein Överby (Sykehuset i Vestfold, Tonsberg)
Criteria, Guidelines & Steps
- The urology training programme has a minimum duration of five years.
- The urology training programme must meet national standards as defined by the national official organisations.
- Based on the scoring system certification is granted for either three or five years.
- Online application
- Submit required documentation by email
- Online blinded evaluation by EBU Certification Committee
- Review of the application at the Certification Committee meeting
- One-day site visit by two committee members
- Evaluation of the site visit at the Certification Committee meeting
- A Certificate of Accreditation is sent by postal delivery
- Centre details are published on our website.